Friday, January 18, 2013

Year of the Snake

  
So we just had the new years a few weeks ago, in the gym and fitness industry this is our busiest time of the year since so many want their new years resolution to be "to get into shape"! We will have such a rush for the first 4-5 weeks and than they start dropping off slowly but surely. At the end of 2 or 3 months we would be lucky if we retained 35% of the new years resolutioner's. I decided that these people were not creative enough in picking their resolutions for 2013, everyone wants that Victoria Secret Angel's body but do they really want to completely cut out all carbs and live off veggies, fruit and protein while working out 6 days out of the week? These girls are paid to have good bodies soo that is literally their job to keep in amazing shape or else they are unemployed like a lot of us now a days.

So my resolution was simple. This year I will be a better friend, take more pictures, and not be afraid of taking risk. In general, I wanted to add to the points in my life that I feel are most important to me but could use a little risk. Yes I would LOVE to look like those girls by the end of the year, but will that leave me with a year full of adventures? Will I look back and remember the memories or all the carbs and sweets that I have been missing out on? I want to enrich my life with experiences and moments and that is what I plan to do!

Of all the Chinese symbols, I am the snake. I was always a little disappointed of being the snake and some what jealous of my cousin's symbol as he got to be the awesome dragon and I was the snake, that scary thing you hope you never find by surprise. I was getting my caffeine fix right after the new year and for the first time I saw that Starbucks was carrying "year of the snake" gift cards, I had nooo idea that each year featured a chinese symbol and of all the years for them to feature a symbol, it was my symbol that they featured! So this year, I am going to embrace everything that I might not love about me and whats in my life and it will be my year! It will be the year of the snake!

In summary of all this rambling, I am hoping to use this blog to help document with my new new year resolution, I'm not sure if there will be anyone interested in following the rambling of a 23 year old with no idea where she is going but I feel that the path to fate is half the fun! I will be trying to do lots of DIY, Baking, and traveling this year so hopefully I can learn a lot of new things that I can share with the World Wide Web. And hopefully  by the end of the year I will learn how to write a bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment