Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY Tilt Shift!

So I found this new way to do a tilt shift with my DSLR camera!! I am absolutely in love with the effect that it has on my pictures. It is such an easy DIY to give such an impact to your pictures, but it does also have a few negatives to the process as well. To get the effect you have to physically take your lens off of the body and hold it at various angles from the body to create the blurred edges. It took me quite awhile before I was able to find the plane that would be in focus while I was experimenting with my first tilt shift pictures! Luckily I have some pretty photogenic dogs so a good picture of her was not hard to do, I was also able to work a little lens flare into the mix as the sun was setting behind her.
As you can see, it increases the amount of the picture that is out of focus really giving my subject the attention in the picture. The negatives of taking your lens off  the camera, this definitely allows for dust to get behind the lens, you should not try this outside on a windy day or if you are at all uncomfortable with creating this accessibility for dust to get into the inside of your camera. If you are in a controlled environment and would like to experiment some more, it is a wonderful new technique that I can not wait to try some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment